Friendship bracelets come from a North American Aboriginal tradition in which one person gives a hand knotted bracelet to another in a gesture of friendship. The friendship bracelet is still popular today as a way of expressing affection, love and devotion to another person or friend.
- this bracelet is made out of coloured embroidery floss and plastic/acrylic beads with metal ribbon clamps on the end
- it is created using a 40 Stranded pattern with a large diamond shape in it
- bracelet ties on by putting 2 braided "tails" through the beaded loop on the other end and knotting it together with the remaining 2 "tails". Size can be adjusted slightly by tying the knots tighter or looser
- keep one for yourself and buy one for a special friend. Or keep all for yourself.
- all bracelets are hand knotted by me in a smoke/pet free home
- bracelet fits about age 5 all the way up to a small adult wrist. The cuff (macrame) part measures 4.5 inches (11.5cm) and is meant to cover only the top of the wrist while the ties make up the back portion. It took me a week just to tie that 4.5 inches that you see, so to keep the price low, the part of the wrist that you don't show off as much has the ties. :)
- bracelet contain small parts that are not suitable for children under the age of 3
- legend has it that if you make a wish on your friendship bracelet and wear it faithfully until the threads come apart and it falls off naturally, your wish will come true.
**** Please allow 5-7 business days for your bracelets to be delivered within Canada. It may take longer to the US (possibly 7-10 business days). International shipping times vary. ****
I specialize in Mama Cloth, bamboo potty training pants, macrame friendship bracelets and toy hammocks.