Ever since I've discovered the pure awesome of bamboo I like to tell everyone about it. I was chatting about it's softness and absorbency with some mommy friends who then asked me it I could make nursing pads out of it. Of course I can - and boy do they work!
- This order contains 2 pairs of nursing pads (4 pads)
- Made out of clean, pre-washed materials so they won't shrink in the wash
- The outside top is made from cotton
- The outside bottom (the wear against your bra side) is made from a waffle textured fabric. I find that the texture prevents the problem of the nursing pads straying from where you place them. It adds a bit of friction (stick) in order to keep it in place.
- Running through the middle is 2 layers of absorbent bamboo
- I don't add any type of water proofing (PUL) because I want these nursing pads to be as eco-friendly, biodegradable and free of plastic as possible.
- Measurements: These pads are approximately 4 inches across (10 cm)
- can be washed the the regular wash and dry cycle. Bamboo is extremely durable and will wash just fine. Because there is no PUL in these pads, you can dry them right along with your regular wash. Store flat where possible.
- if taken care of properly these pads will last through many years of nursing
- no toxins or dyes used in the making of these
- due to the intimate nature of this product, all sales are final
Here are a few benefits that I've found while testing my version of these nursing pads with mommies:
- Another way to become more eco-friendly is a plus
- saves on money. They're re-usable after washing.
- always accessible even in the middle of the night when you don't feel like running to the drugstore for more store bought ones
- They have a bit of a stick to them due to the fleece that keeps them in place without using that store bought plastic stick gummy stuff
- even without PUL, they don't leak all the way through, and they are comfortable and breathable
- Why bamboo for the absorbency layers? Bamboo is an amazing fibre. It is soft and light but can hold an enormous amount of liquid! Bamboo also has a natural anti-bacterial agent within the fibre which is extremely important for this type of product
Stock up on nursing pads in your favourite colours! There is free shipping on each additional pair if you live in Canada or the US (50 cents shipping on each additional pair Internationally).
** Please allow 5 to 7 business days for delivery within Canada. It may take longer to the US due to customs delays (possibly 7 to 10 days). International shipping times vary. ***
I specialize in Mama Cloth, bamboo potty training pants, macrame friendship bracelets and toy hammocks.